I've been in the holiday mood for the past couple of months, which is early even for me, but now that it's Thanksgiving week, it really is the holiday season, and I am really excited to celebrate with my friends and familiy.
This year, however, I am handling my holiday shopping slightly differently. I am giving my entire family CareSync Plus. WHAT?!?! Why on earth would someone want to get medical records retreival and transcription services for holiday gifts?
I am going to tell you why. And all of these reasons you're about to read? Came from you. Our users and readers. So, here they are:
- Having a complete, single medical record empowers you with information, confidence, and the ability to play the role of an active participant in your care.
- Discovering what's in your past medical history is fun. And sometimes scary. And sometimes inaccurate. But having the ability to make these discoveries can help to get faster diagnoses, view trends, reduce duplicate tests, and receive better care.
- Being able to collaboratively manage health, or in many cases, illness, with access to complete medical histories allows caregivers, even those who are thousands of miles away from their loved ones, to stay in the know, and actively support the patient by helping to share relevant information with providers, creating task lists and appointment goals, and emotionally supporting loved ones with encouragement and expectations of accountability.
- Feeling proactively organized as a parent. Having your family's complete medical record gives you the ability to easily change providers, takes one of the biggest burdens of moving off of your shoulders, and allows you to quickly and collaboratively share information with the people who need it.
- Feeling proactively organized as the child of an aging parent: Those of you in the "sandwich generation" are busy with your own children and busy lifestyle, but cognizant that your own parents are aging and will start to become more dependent on the healthcare system. By aggregating their records while they're still healthy, you're creating a baseline for their health. Being able to simply share that useful information with their providers and specialists? Saves time and money, avoids duplicate tests, and allows providers to make quicker, better diagnoses and care plans.
- Information = Power. The empowered patient (and caregiver) get more value from each and every medical visit. Using the free CareSync Visit Manager™ web and mobile applications to access and share information at the point of care, you are experiencing better visits, and are engaging with your providers in a new way. 100% of you have reported that your providers have been thrilled with the new, engaged, and empowered you. That? Is powerful.
So, yeah. The gift of health is no iPad Mini or the latest video game system. We get that. But it's a meaningful gift that will make a difference in your loved ones' lives.
So Happy Holiday Season! Stay safe, stay healthy, have fun, and give the gift of health to those you love.