Summer is the season of exercise. Beach time. Bathing suit season. Prepping for all of the autumn marathons...It's also the season where the temperature starts to rise and exercising safely can become a challenge. The CareSync focus on health, exercise, and overall well-being has us wanting to share a few of our good exercise habits during the brutal summer months.
Here are a few tips that can help you beat the heat, while you still work up a good sweat.
- Drink plenty of fluids - Make sure you stay hydrated! Drink plenty of water before, during, and after your workout. Try to stay away from any carbinated or alcoholic beverages.
- Exercise Smart - Try to exercise during the cooler portions of the day. Perhaps you get your workout in during the morning or the evening hours?
- Dress Right - Wear lightweight, light-colored clothing in breathable fabric, such as cotton.
- Wear Sunscreen - Protect your skin at all costs. I know that this is pretty obvious, but a water and sweat-proof sunscreen with a high SPF is the way to go.
- Listen to your body - If you start feeling ill, dizzy, or nauseous. Stop immediatley. Don't push yourself to unsafe levels.