It's that time of year where we are all counting down the days until we leave for our summer vacation desitnation.
Here are a few tips that will enable your family to have a fun, safe vacation.
1. Pack your own sunscreen: Make sure your bring a sunscreen that is at least SPF 15. I think we all know that sunscreen at resorts and gift shops is exspensive, so this will also save you some money.
2. Bring your own insect repellent: If you are going to be going on any outdoor adventures, that might have pests like mosquitoes, make sure that you pack some insect repellent. Keep those pests at bay.
3. Pack your own first aid kit: You can fall ill, anytime, anywhere. Make sure you stock your first aid kit with items that will help remedy a variety of illnesses.
4. Remember, wash your hands: Make sure to wash your hands when you have the chance. You can pack some hand sanitizer with you when you don't have water readily available.
5. Bring your meds: Always have any pertinent medication with you. If you are flying, pack your medication in your carry-on bag. You don't want to risk your medication staying in Denver when you're already in Hawaii!
These are just a few tips that we've found to be helpful as we travel with our families this summer.
Have a smart, safe, and fun vacation!