So, you've signed up for CareSync Plus. You've taken this giant leap toward owning your health information, and we're incredibly confident that you will be experiencing, first hand, the benefits of being a CareSync Plus Member.
Current CareSync Plus members are reporting things like:
- Better, more effective doctor's appointments
- A refreshing sense of empowerment in the exam room
- A new level of confidence as a caregiver for someone else
So, we know you're wondering...now what!?!
It only takes a couple of minutes to start the process, so let's go!
If you haven't already, log into your account, make your way to the Personal tab, and choose Personal Information. Complete your profile, and click Save.
So, now that you've got that taken care of, it's time to start adding your providers. This is where it gets really cool! Click the Health Profile tab, select Providers, and choose the Add button.
CareSync has integrated many of the same databases that hospitals and providers use. What does this mean for you? Less data entry. As you type the name of your provider into the box, CareSync brings up a list of potential matches, click the correct provider or facility, and click Save.
This is a good time to review their information and make sure that there is a fax number included. Faxing is about to get really important.
You can either add all your providers at once, or get right to the records requesting process!
To request a record, choose the provider, and simply click Request Records. It's smooth sailing from here on out.
All providers require a legal health release authorization form. To save trees and your time, we've made this a super fast digital process.
- Choose how far back you want us to go and the types of records you're requesting. Helpful tip: It's been our experience that medical records departments triage the requests that come in. The more specific you are, the quicker the records are to come in.
- Click Next
- Review the form. Add any previous names (like a nickname, or a maiden name), and the last four digits of your Social Security Number. Again, the easier you make it for the provider to confirm your identity, the faster you'll have your records!
- Digitally "sign" the form with your first name, middle initial, and last name. If you're completing the form on behalf of someone else, check the box that shows your relationship to the patient.
- Click Digitally Sign.
- That will submit to the provider's fax number on file, and you click Next.
- Occasionally, providers charge a copy fee. This varies state by state. However, we will never assume you want to pay these, and will reach out to you to confirm you'd like us to collect those records. Check the box, and if you don't want to see this form again for the next year, click the 2nd box underneath it, then click Done.
You'll be redirected back to the provider's screen, and that nifty Request Records button changed to Records Requested.
You did it!
We told you it was easy. On average, it takes anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks to start receiving your records, so don't be discouraged if you don't see any immediate CareSync Plus activity in your account. We process them as soon as they come in, and begin transcribing the information into your CareSync Plus record.
Now you can either sit back and relax, or you can explore other areas of CareSync. It's up to you. Since most users are excited to start having better visits, we recommend adding family members, medications, health conditions, and any upcoming appointments.
But that's up to you!