We had the humbling honor of being able to attend the 6th Annual Friedreich's Ataxia Symposium in Philadelphia this week, spending the day with patients and their families suffering from the horrific debilitating disease.
The event, put on by the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, was packed with information sessions designed to keep patients up-to-date on clinical information on therapeutic approaches and current research being conducted in the field of Friedreich's Ataxia.
One of my favorite things about being at these events is talking with the patients and their families is realizing that, no matter what chronic condition they suffer from, everybody seems to struggle with the same handful of issues, and CareSync is a solution that solves for them.
- Needing access to information, no matter where they are.
- Not wanting to lug "the binder" everywhere they go.
- Needing to share information across a wide array of people: family, care team members like school nurses, providers.
- A place to digitally organize tests like EKGs that are critical to helping treat the patient in an emergency.
- Needing to provide concise information summaries to multiple providers.
CareSync does all of that, and it just feels really wonderful to be able to provide patients and their families with solutions that help make their complicated lives a little better.